VR Boxing Game | UE4 | 8 Weeks | Team Size: 6 | 2020
Hellfist is a VR rhythm based game that offers the unique power-fantasy of punching and ripping through monsters on the beat of epic metal music.
Hellfist is created by 2nd year game design students at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Research & Prototyping
Documentation & Planning
Design deck & feature breakdowns
The Design for the game needed to be broken down for the rest of the team & to start building the prototype.
– design breakdown of enemy types, punching feature, level design & more
– defining game systems and creating system breakdowns
– definition of game design pillars & forming creative vision
Building & Iteration
VR Prototype 2
Created the VR prototype & gameplay features.
- VR Player character with Hand IK
- Placeholder Level Creation
- Enemy Behaviour & implementation
- Creation of Game Menus
- Creating Blood Particle Effects & Sound Effects
- Gameplay prototypes (punches & ripping hearts)
This was my second time working in VR and creating a Prototype for a VR platform. I learned a lot about Rhythm games and dynamic animation. Playing this prototype was very satisfying making this one of my favorite projects. I enjoyed creating it a lot.