Third Person Stealth Game | UE4 | 8 - Week | Team Size: 20 | 2020
Levis Umbra offers to bring back the Stealth genre to its roots.
We offer an experience entirely based on sneaking and stealth dynamics.
Armed only with a hacking device, the protagonist will have to open a way deep inside the core of an underground mining factory, taken over by a defecting AI.
Avoiding the enemies is the only way to survive.
- Classic combat-less Stealth Experience.
- Immersive Gameplay Elements.
- Hack the environment to open new paths and distract your enemies.
- Listen to an Original Dynamic Soundtrack that changes with the intensity of the action.
- Voiced by professional actors.
- 10 minutes of stealth gameplay.
- Inspired by Deus Ex, Splinter Cell and Dishonored
We wanted to include a bit of narrative in the game to get the player more engaged in the actions the character takes during the game. We recorded Voice Actors for the beginning of the game and let the characters comment on actions within the game.
– concepting backstory and writing lore
– writing introductory scene
– recording Voice Actors & polishing audio files
Building & Iteration
3Cs - Character Creation & Balancing
– Creating new movement capabilities for ALS locomotion system
– tweaking variables, adjust animation timing
– creating a gym level to tweak the character in
– Blueprinting a Hand IK system
– Blueprinting a responsive camera that adjusts based on corners
– implementing Character Model & Animation retargeting
– Blueprinting Subtitle system
– integration of subtitles in the levels
– writing feature documentation
Level Lighting & Post-Processing
– Adjust Post-Processing to achieve a cinematic look
– Create believable lighting for cave environments
This was a pretty big project and I was able to take on quite a few roles in it. I’m proud of this project and very happy with what we were able to achieve in 8 weeks. Everyone in the team worked really hard on it.
I especially enjoyed working on the Character and balancing everything to something that feels as close to AAA as possible. Working on the enemies was really fun as well, I got to balance their behaviors to make them feel threatening.